The ideal romantic Italian meal, not forgetting a tiramisu with red fruits for pudding.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 2 thin veal cutlets
- 4 thin slices of bresaola
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- 1 cup of sweet white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 g tomato paste
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 5 tablespoon Darégal frozen basil
- A few rocket leaves
- Salt, ground pepper
Preparation time: 15 min – Cooking time: 14 min
- Slice the veal into 2 pieces.
- Cut the sundried tomatoes into 2, the mozzarella into cubes and dice the pepper.
- Place the veal nice and flat and add some ground pepper.
- Place the bresaola, the tomatoes, the mozzarella and 2 tablespoon of basil on each cutlet.
- Roll each slice and secure with a toothpick.
- When the olive oil starts to simmer in the frying pan, add the saltimbocca and brown them for 3 minutes on each side. Then cover the pan and cook for another 3 minutes. Keep hot.
- Add the white wine into the same pan and let it bubble on a high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the pepper to the pan with the tomato paste, the parmesan and the rest of the basil. Season well. Cook until the mixture resembles a paste (approximately 5 minutes).
- To serve place each saltimbocca on a bed of arragula and cover with the lovely Italian paste. It is ready!
I often replace the veal with very thin slices of chicken, and the mozzarella and parmesan with Comté and Beaufort cheeses.