Healthy yet delicious pudding that can also be served as a breather in the middle of a lavish meal (also called in France as a “trou normand”)
Ingredients – Serves 4
Preparation time: 10 min
Rest for 3 h – No cooking required
- Pour the water and the sugar in a sauce pan.
- Bring to the boil and keep stirring with a spatula until all the sugar has melted.
- Add ¾ of the mint. Cover and let the mint infused until the syrup has cooled down.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve and then into an ice-cream maker.
- Turn it on for about 30 minutes (check your user manual).
- Pour the mixture into an ice tray, stirring occasionally. After 2 hours, scrape the ice cream off with a fork to get a granita.
- Pour into pretty iced glasses and put back in the freezer for an hour.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the mint before serving.
- Enjoy while it is still cold with honey shortbreads.
I can make Granita without an ice-cream maker, mix regularly the ice-cream stored into the freezer.